Electro Magnetic Flowmeters are based on Faraday’s Law of Electromagnetic Induction. When the conductive fluid flows through a magnetic field of the sensor, an electric voltage proportional to the volume flow is generated between the pair of electrodes and transmitted to the output device.
- The flow and volume will be displayed at the electronic transmitter
- No disturbance or restriction of flow
- No moving parts – no wear and tear, virtually no pressure loss
- Insensitive to fluid density, temperature, pressure, viscosity
- Can be used for different types of conductive liquids (calibration with water required)
Applications: flow and energy measurement for water based liquids, (conductive liquids)